Saturday, July 30, 2016

Tools of the Trade.

Carb counting had become a must and the more accurate I am the better I can judge my insulin usage.  I was previously using LoseIt app on my iPhone.  It was fairly good however searching for food and finding the exact stuff at different places seemed difficult at times.  My wonderful wife suggested My Fitness Pal which she was using.  From the look of it today it seemed to have everything I needed and I also liked the summary breakdown graphs a little better.  I will try it for a while longer and see if I continue to like it.



All in all I think my carb counting and insulin to carb ratio seems to be very close.  I may not be quite on the margin of what I need for correction or maybe my long term insulin is to low still.  Morning glucose is still too high.  Gonna give it a couple more days then I will go from 50 to 52 units of the Toujeo long term insulin.

Really curious to what apps others are using.  Please feel free to comment below if you have a cool app to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment