Friday, July 29, 2016

Needing the Needle

Friday thoughts...  So far so good.  Changing to a carb to insulin ratio seems to be helping quite a bit.  It has only been a couple days and already my neuropathy is getting better.  It is quite the emotional booster to have less pain.  It is not completely gone however.  I haven't really been the perfect eater yesterday as well.  Going to Chuy's and downing some awesome fajita's with chips and queso.  That was probably not smart on my end.  But it sure cured my headache.  I also took the correct carb to insulin ratio.  By then end of the night I checked my glucose and it was 130 which for me was awesome and a step in the right direction.  This morning though fasting glucose was 257.  I assume I was still digesting those fajitas.  The long term insulin didn't seem to have much effect there either.  I'll give it til probably Wednesday then I will increase my long term insulin by 2.

 Insulin Starting lineup.

Toujeo 50 units every day for long term release.

Humalog sliding scale for every meal based on amount of carbs.

I really hate having to stick myself so many times.  Just with insulin its 4 times a day.  Then once you add a prick to check your glucose it really adds up.  Reminds me of the Chinese water torture except instead of a drip of water its a poke with a needle.  I think the Vampires are winning on this battle so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment